Prev: RE: [FT] "Old" FB Railguns Next: GZG-DigestQuestion

Cardboard Armour (Don't tell Jon)

From: "Michael Blair" <amfortas@h...>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 1998 10:12:42 PST
Subject: Cardboard Armour (Don't tell Jon)

I have been exprimenting with building 25mm vehicles out of cardboard.

Draw  it out, score, cut and glue. So far all I  have  is an APC,  the
shape of which is more complicated than an M113 (but then, so are some
shoe boxes). It needs tarting up, with bits from the spares box and I
have some wire mesh that will make inteesting chertzen, the space behind

which I can fill up with dunnage.
The  skirt (for it is a GEV, because there are no wheels to worry about
and I dislike grav craft) is simply masking tape wrapped around  the
base of the hull, it has that textured look.
My only fear is  that the whole  thing	will disintergrate when I paint
it.

If it works I will experiment with using CAD for the plan, then I can
print out dozens of them and post it for your amusement.

Cardboard vehicles would also allow easy conversion and   with
stiffening would allow open topped vehicles or burnt out  wrecks with
near scale plate thicknesses.

Michael

		 Michael R. Blair

Prev: RE: [FT] "Old" FB Railguns Next: GZG-DigestQuestion