Prev: RE: [FT] "Old" FB Railguns Next: Re: [FT] The Sa'Vasku

Re: [FT] "Old" FB Railguns

From: Matthew Seidl <seidl@v...>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 1998 10:03:03 -0700
Subject: Re: [FT] "Old" FB Railguns

On Mon, 7 Dec 1998 10:34:19 -0600, "Dean Gundberg" writes:
>I couldn't stay out if the disscussion ;) My quick thoughts.
>
>Schoon Wrote:
>> Railguns
>> The To-Hit dice are cored in the same manner as Pulse Torpedoes
>> Range 0-6, 2+ hits
>> Range 6-12, 3+ hits
>> Range 12-18, 4+ hits
>> Range 18-24, 5+ hits
>> Range 24-30, 6+ hits
>>
>> For each hit, roll another die for damage. Add the class of the
Railgun to
>> the roll. Subtract the target's Armour Level (Kra'Vak type, not
>> human). Any
>> roll lower than 1 is treated as a 1.
>> Roll 1-4, damage = RG class
>> Roll 5-6, damage = 2 x RG class
>>
>> That's it.
>
>I worked out all the numbers like I did before and they seemed just a
bit
>off.  So then I thought about modifying the damage roll to:
>1-5, damage = RG class
>6, damge = 2xRG class
>This makes RG2's at an unarmored target do 2 pts on a 1-3 and 4 pts on
4-6.
>It also allows a RG4 to do 4 pts on a 1 and 8 pts on roll of 2-6.

O.k., just to see if I understand:

Damage dice is roll a die and add the RG class, subtract the armor
level, and compare to the chart, correct?  After the + and -'s, if the
roll is <=5 it does Class damage, if >=6 it does Classx2 damage.

-=- Matthew L. Seidl		email: seidl@cs.colorado.edu
   =-=
=-= Graduate Student			Project . . . What Project?
   -=-
-=- http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/Home.html 	 -Morrow Quotes
   =-=
=-= http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/lawsuit
   -=-

Prev: RE: [FT] "Old" FB Railguns Next: Re: [FT] The Sa'Vasku