Prev: Re: [FT] The Sa'Vasku Next: Re: [GZG-Misc] GZG Miniature Gaming Club?

Re: [FT] The Sa'Vasku

From: Timothy Pricer <pricer@r...>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 21:58:55 -0600 (CST)
Subject: Re: [FT] The Sa'Vasku

I did some quick  crude radiation heat transfer calculations and found a
1 mm
sphere would freeze in about 10 sec, 1cm sphere in 100 sec., 10 cm
sphere
in 1000 sec and so on.	This ignores the heat loss due to vaporization
of water.  At standard conditions the heat of vaporization is about 7
times
that of freezing and it is conceivable that some of the water could
vaporize which would draw off enough heat to freeze the rest of the
water.
One should also note that the author Brian mentioned (David Brin) is
a physics professor.