Prev: [FT] ST FT2.5 designs Next: [FT] The Sa'Vasku

Re: [FT] suitable minis for Centauri escorts & cruisers?

From: devans@u...
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 10:29:19 -0600
Subject: Re: [FT] suitable minis for Centauri escorts & cruisers?

Out of the mouth of -MWS- came:
***
  [GS] Scoutship - AOG Sentri Medium Fighters
  [FL] Corvette - AOG Rutarian Strike Fighters
  [FF] Frigate - GW Eldar Night Wing Interceptors
  [DD] Destroyer - GW Eldar Phoenix Bombers (w/o wing guns)
  [DH] Heavy ('Super') Destroyer - GW Eldar Phoenix Bombers (w/wing
guns)
***

You're giving those lovely Eldar epic flyers to the Centauri?!?!? The
skimmers, yes, but, but... *sputter*

Seriously, wherever used, good. Only part of the new Epic line that
really
caught my fancy. I still think the AOG fighters are large for where
you're
placing them, even taking into allowance for the REALLY BIG AOG ships.
However, I suppose even the smallest class of Centauri ship must
maintain
the bare necessities of civilization (pronounced with a slushy zed,
bordering on lisp), including wet bar, Jacuzzi, quarters for camp
followers...

Are you going with FT, FB rule structure, modified EFSB, or...? for your
fleets? I'm curious what you are using for the stats that are missing so
far.

One thing I think people, who can get past squishy plastic space ships,
might look at is the MicroMachine TNG Romulan ships, particularly the
scout
vessel. In the pasty green, it's not much to look at, but I have a few
of
the bronzed, and the 'antiqued' panels on swept wings certainly look
very
Centauri to me.

As an aside, the front has that 'flat iron' look so beloved of the
Citadel
Spacefleet Tyrant and Emperor ships... *Mark: *hint* *hint*

Kewl! A post that starts where it begins: Evil Empire(tm) to Evil
Empire(tm). ;->=

The_Beast

Prev: [FT] ST FT2.5 designs Next: [FT] The Sa'Vasku