Prev: [FT] My Railgun Variant Next: Re: [fh ot] Re: [GZG][FH] Planet types (was Re: Locations of Star s)

[FT] Other Kra'Vak wepon systems

From: "John C" <john1x@h...>
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 1998 06:52:06 PST
Subject: [FT] Other Kra'Vak wepon systems

Here's a question that no one's asked: What other weapons do the Kra'Vak

have?  As matters currently stand, they have two--the railgun and the
scattergun-while humans have more than five--beams, SLMs, submunition
packs, pulse torps, needle beams, and a host of "cinematic" weapons.  In

the interest of variety, what else would the KV be armed with?	I think
that we can make at least a few assumptions, although I am certain that
people will dispute them.  But that's part of the fun, isn't it?

No energy weapons.  I'm not sure why, but that's the pattern that has
been set, so we should stick with it.  On the other hand/claw/whatever,
according to the Geohex site, the KV figures are armed with "Power
Rifles", and those certainly SOUND like energy weapons.  (See?	Even *I*

am disputing my assumptions!)

The KV have very good sensors and computer systems.  I know, this goes
against what a lot of people seem to think, but come on!  If they can
actually manage to hit things with Railguns at FT ranges, then they must

have access to superior systems.

Given these assumptions, what can we come up with?
    Something similar to the MT missiles--a large projectile, which
guides itself into the target, inflicting massive damage.  It's a one
shot weapon; treat it like a small ship.
    Nukes.  They just seem appropriate.  Maybe nuclear mines.

Any other ideas?

John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: [FT] My Railgun Variant Next: Re: [fh ot] Re: [GZG][FH] Planet types (was Re: Locations of Star s)