Prev: Re: [fh ot] Re: [GZG][FH] Planet types (was Re: Locations of Stars) Next: Re: [FT/FB] Maximum ship size

RE: KV Railguns vs Armour (NSS system) Pt1/2

From: "Tim Jones" <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 08:07:16 -0000
Subject: RE: KV Railguns vs Armour (NSS system) Pt1/2

>Each railgun rolls 2 dice per class, hitting as per PT, but subtract 1
>die for each full 6" of range.
>All dice over 24" hit on a 6 only.
>EG: a RG-1 rolls 2d at 6" & 1d at 12".  A RG-3 rolls 6d at 6" & 1d at
>36".

NSS que?

This looks like too much of a die fest. I roll 6 die work out the hits
then roll the correct number and work out the damage. The alternatives
systems
offer two rolls of a single die or a single roll of up to 3.

As you say this may be too much like beam weapons.

-= tim jones =-

Prev: Re: [fh ot] Re: [GZG][FH] Planet types (was Re: Locations of Stars) Next: Re: [FT/FB] Maximum ship size