Prev: KV Railguns vs armour pt 2/2 (full ship conversion to FTFB) Next: RE: [FT] RG Damage Vs. Armour

Re: [FT] RG Damage Vs. Armour

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 19:54:50 -0800
Subject: Re: [FT] RG Damage Vs. Armour

>Ok, Schoon.. your losing it.. ;)

Probably true ;-)

>Remember Kra'Vak only have one major weapon system - that is the
Railgun..
>We need to make them work..Changing the Damage and Mass/Points of the
>railgun is not going to fix this problem in my mind.. We need to
continue
>to work on Kra'Vak armour -vs- railgun ideas..

True again.

>Hows this - Kra'Vak armour is venerable to railgun projectiles, and
>offers no protection agaist them?

No. This doesn't really fit in with the Integral Armour concept, which
against my best judgement, I've grown rather fond of.

>If the best weapon the Kra'Vaks can widely field is a Class3 railgun,
that
>does under 9 points of damage, they will not have the same teeth they
did
>in MT.. I think we need to compare them to the SML/SMR - same weight
and
>how many times the damage..

OK, we keep the mechanic we came up with and keep working on the armour
thing.

Schoon

Prev: KV Railguns vs armour pt 2/2 (full ship conversion to FTFB) Next: RE: [FT] RG Damage Vs. Armour