Prev: RE: [FT] Kra'Vak Railguns Number-Crunched Next: Re: [FT] Kra'Vak Changes

RE: [FT] Kra'Vak Railguns Number-Crunched

From: "Tim Jones" <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 11:43:29 -0000
Subject: RE: [FT] Kra'Vak Railguns Number-Crunched

Dean wrote:

Nice crunch and analysis.

>In effect, the multiple rolls result in a bit of
>a shotgun effect, greatly reducing the chance of a total miss (0.5% for
>a Class 3 at 2+, 58% at max range so 42% of the time a Class 3 RG will
>do at least 3 pts of damage at max range! Is that what we want?).

I'm not sure we do as the original premise was that
it became harder to predict at longer range, and 42%
chance of doing 3 points seems way too high. The only
way to justify it is the bigger guns go faster. I
would say I'm 42% satisfied with the current proposal.

tim jones
--------

Prev: RE: [FT] Kra'Vak Railguns Number-Crunched Next: Re: [FT] Kra'Vak Changes