Prev: RE: [SG] Scenario with engineers Next: Re: [OT] military clip art

Re: [SG] Scenario with engineers

From: Fabet@a...
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 00:22:22 EST
Subject: Re: [SG] Scenario with engineers

<< Thanks for the comments. I especially like the suggestion that the
 engineers do not take activation from the infantry platoon leader.<

Just to clarify- the engineers would take orders from the platoon leader
if
they wer ATTACHED to the platoon for operations. They don't need to be.
In
fact its possible that the infantry is attached to the engineers for
security.

My concept for the scenario is that the road is indeed mined, and a rear
 guard has been left to cover it (after all, what good is a mine field
that
 is not covered?). I am thinking one or two squads possibly with mortars
on
 dedicated call. Any comments on the size and composition of the
covering
 force either in real tactical or game terms?

In real terms you should decide who the covering force is covering for
and how
much force you need to finish the mission (how defensible is the terrain
and
do you expect the squads to withdraw under pressure or DIP). Its very
likely
the defenders will get all the artillery the withdrawing force has
dedicated.

Two squads + engineers (+ foward observers) verses two platoons of
attackers
could be a good scenario. You'll need to decide under what conditions
the
defenders get to withdraw (or even if !)?

Faron Betchley

Prev: RE: [SG] Scenario with engineers Next: Re: [OT] military clip art