Prev: [FT] Kra'Vak Railguns Number-Crunched Next: Re: [SG] Scenario with engineers

RE: [FT] Kra'Vak Summary So Far...

From: "Dean Gundberg" <dean.gundberg@n...>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 13:40:54 -0600
Subject: RE: [FT] Kra'Vak Summary So Far...

> The number of dice that result in "hits" equals the damage multiplier
(i.e. two
> dice giving "hits" for a Class 2 Railgun would result in 4 point of
damage
to the
> target ship).
<snip>
> Kra'Vak armor is integral to their ship designs.
> 5% mass = Armor 1 (acts as screen-1)
> 10% mass = Armor 2 (acts as screen-2)
> Cost = mass x ?
> The Kra'Vak may not purchase screens for their ships.
> [NOTE: We're still discussing how this armor will work against various
systems.]

So how does KV armor Level 1 effect the RG damage routine you have set
up?
If you subtract 1 point of RG damage per level, class 1 and 2 RGs can be
useless.  If you throw less dice per level, again the smaller RGs are
useless.

KV armor has to somehow be effective against their own weapons, but not
totally defeat them. So the only other thing to vary is to have the
armor
modify the to-hit roll by the armor level, so you have to be closer to
the
well armored ships to damge them.  Is this what we want, armor modifying
the
to-hit roll?

The only other options I can think of are A) Go back to FB style armor
or B)
Back to   a MT style of to-hit roll and then a separate damage roll
which is
modified by the armor level.

Opinions?

Dean

Prev: [FT] Kra'Vak Railguns Number-Crunched Next: Re: [SG] Scenario with engineers