Prev: RE: [FT] FB Kra'Vak Next: RE: [FT] FB Kra'Vak - A Simple View

Re: [FT] Kra'Vak Changes

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 08:33:39 -0800
Subject: Re: [FT] Kra'Vak Changes

Steven Arrowsmith <arrowjr@usit.net> wrote:

>I have been playing around with this type of armour, and a modified
hull
>damage track, to display the overall general toughness of the Kra'Vak
>hulls..To balance out The incressed toughness I was playing around with
>modified repair rules.

I'm leaning towards the "screen-like" armor myself because it's
different
from human rules, and as Dean so eloquently put it, it fits with my idea
of
how the K'V should be toughness-wise.
"Instead, their ship hulls are built with a much higher degree of
structural armour and integrity than human designs..."

I'm very curious what you were experimenting woth for the repair stuff.
Care to share?

>One question I am having a problem with - should Kra'Vak armour protect
>agaist missile, and torpedos? In MT it states that Kra'Vak armour gives
>..significant protection agaist both projectile AND energy weapons
fire..
>should this include missile and torpedos? If yes how?

In order...
Yes.
Yes.
These because the additional integrity should help the K'V cope with
almost
any kind of damage if we view it as integral to the entire
superstructure.

My initial idea is that for weapons that roll a d6 (unmodified) for
damage,
Level 1 Armor should subtract 1 from the roll, and Level 2 Armor should
subtract 2.

Schoon

Prev: RE: [FT] FB Kra'Vak Next: RE: [FT] FB Kra'Vak - A Simple View