Prev: Re: [FT] Kra'Vak Changes Next: RE: unsubscribe

Re: [FT] Kra'Vak Changes

From: Kevin Walker <sage@m...>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 07:53:26 -0600
Subject: Re: [FT] Kra'Vak Changes

At approximately 11/30/98 10:23 PM,  Sean Bayan Schoonmaker wrote:

>Are you more in favor of something like:
>
>[A]
>2 Points Armor - 1 MASS
>POINT COST = 3 per MASS

Not to be a pain but isn't normal armor cost 2 points per mass.
Shouldn't the cost for the KV armor be at least 4 per MASS (I'd prefer a

cost of 5 per as there's additional savings in the hull cost and engines

as well).

>or
>
>[B]
>5% mass = Armor 1 (acts as screen-1)
>10% mass = Armor 2 (acts as screen-2)
>Cost = mass x 5

Actually I prefer this system.	I provides the KV with a different feel
in combat.  MASS x 5 feels fairly reasonable as there's no chance of
lossing the armor in a threshold check (or is there...	hmmmm) and it
also helps against RGs (better than screens).

Instead of calling it armor can we think of another name that explains
it.  It might be a bit confusing to call this stuff armor while there is

human armor running around.  Hmm...  Maybe "Belt Armor" similar to the
way some WWII BBs (and other's) were made.  This would account for the
possibility of sneaking damage through from time to time.