Prev: RE: [FT] FB Kra'Vak - A Simple View Next: RE: [FT] Kra'Vak Changes

[FT] FB K'V

From: "John M. Atkinson" <john.m.atkinson@e...>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 1998 02:58:49 -0800
Subject: [FT] FB K'V

Gave K'V rules a runthrough tonight, which was made more interesting by
inexperience of players.  Don't have play-by-play, but was. . . 2600
points per side.  K'V was Light Carrier, DN, CA, PC, 2xDD, 2xFF,
3xIntruders.  Other side was NRE DN, NRE Torpedo Destroyer, NSL
Richtofen, 2xNSL DDs, 1xNSL FF, and two ships which were home-brew
designs I don't have stats for but which were based on models of Omega
and Hyperion.

I umped.

Fleets came at each other, with the Humans maneuvering around the side
of K'V.  Much wierdness with headings and vectors.  Humans whacked a
scout ship, and smacked another destroyer so hard it lost control for 6
turns and floated off the board.  6 Human Heavy Fighter squadrons and 1
Attack squadron attacked into K'V fleet.  Knocked down 2 KV squadrons,
destroyed a KV Frigate, and did the damage to that destroyer.  Then
those that survived the scatterguns got pounced by K'V fighters and more
or less wiped out.

Then Human player realized what he was doing, and realized he was flying
at high speed off the board.  Crash deceleration, (and floating the
table 12" three times) kept him on the board, but spread out his fleet
so badly that he lost 2 destroyers to K'V without any real ability to
respond.  Oops.  We called it on account of time and on account of Human
player needing about 12 turns to get his formation back together.

Comments, observations, etc.  First:  Human fleet was patchwork, and the
two screwball custom designs were grossly deficient on long-range
firepower.  Humans fight K'V best at 19-24", and these ships weren't
cutting the mustard there.  One missle launcher--needed either more, or
none.  Varying thrust rates made maneuver difficult.
Kra'Vak:  NEVER give Kra'Vak to relatively new player, or one not
intimately familliar with Vector Movement!  KV player didn't use that
nice expensive maneuverability.  I would have been all over the place.
K'V were not that bad, but they were too tough to really kill.	Am
downing the armor to 1.5 boxes per mass, rounded down.	I think I like
this system, will be tweaking it more.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: RE: [FT] FB Kra'Vak - A Simple View Next: RE: [FT] Kra'Vak Changes