Prev: [GZG] New Bavaria--Very Long Next: [url]Bri's Science Fiction Collection]

Re: [SG] Scenario with engineers

From: Fabet@a...
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 22:17:54 EST
Subject: Re: [SG] Scenario with engineers

<< I am putting together a SG scenario in which a platoon of light
infantry is
 checking a potential ambush point before the main force comes through.
 plan to attach a squad of engineers to deal with mines, booby traps, or
 road blocks if they should be found.

 My question is: is attaching a squad of engineers to a platoon of
infantry
 for this type of mission reasonable from a "real world" perspective?
 Alternatively, if it is not ideal, might it be done because it is
expedient
 (as is known to happen in the "real world")?

 Obviously, comments from those of you with actual experience in this
sort
 of thing is most valuable, but comments from all are welcome.

 Terrance L. Smith, Ph.D.
 tlsmith@micron.net
 Nampa, Idaho<

For modern U.S. Army a engineer squad is usually attached to a battalion
for
short periods of time (theres just not enough of them around to attach
full
time). As a platoon leader I was lucky to see on drive by. As a company
commander I rarely have 2 or 3 attached for special missions.

O.K. John A,  time for you to jump in.

Faron

Prev: [GZG] New Bavaria--Very Long Next: [url]Bri's Science Fiction Collection]