Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Colony lists? Next: Re: [GZG][FH] Planet types (was Re: Locations of Stars)

Re: [GZG-L]

From: Samuel Reynolds <reynol@p...>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 18:18:01 -0700
Subject: Re: [GZG-L]

>>Some lists I'm on add x- headers
>>(WARNING--THESE ARE NOT FOR THE GZG-L!):
<mailto:requests@lists.scriptmeridian.org?subject=subscribe%20community>

y>
>>Something like that might turn the trick; even though
>>some mailers don't recognize the subject=... part, it
>>gives the right address.
>>

>I've been considering adding something like these to the lists, but
>they seem to bloat the headers a LOT.

They do indeed.

>Do any mailing programs
>actaully auto-parse these?

I'm not sure what you mean by auto-parse.
Eudora Light (and presumably other versions of Eudora)
makes them hot-links, but doesn't recognize the subject=
parameter. Netscape hots them up and (I think) recognizes
the subject= parameter. (The only thing I can think of
that Netscape's mailer does better than Eudora!)

- Sam

Samuel Reynolds
http://www.primenet.com/~reynol
reynol@primenet.com
samuel_reynolds@csgsystems.com

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Colony lists? Next: Re: [GZG][FH] Planet types (was Re: Locations of Stars)