Prev: Re: [GZG-L] Next: Re: [GZG][FH] Planet types (was Re: Locations of Stars)

Re: [GZG-L]

From: Matthew Seidl <seidl@v...>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 11:29:48 -0700
Subject: Re: [GZG-L]

On Wed, 25 Nov 1998 18:31:18 -0700, Samuel Reynolds writes:
>>Should there be a .sig-file-type addition to the bottom of each
>>message giving unsub details? I've seen this on many other
>>(majordomo-run) lists, and it seems to stop people sending their
>>unsubs to the list address, an action for which we have seen many
>>sterling examples of as we switched lists. This not only reduces
>>the (entirely trivial degree of) irritation to the list members,
>>but would reduce the workload of the list administrator who has to
>>sort out all that tiresome nonsense.
>
>Some lists I'm on add x- headers
>(WARNING--THESE ARE NOT FOR THE GZG-L!):
<mailto:requests@lists.scriptmeridian.org?subject=subscribe%20community>

y>
>Something like that might turn the trick; even though
>some mailers don't recognize the subject=... part, it
>gives the right address.

I've been considering adding something like these to the lists, but
they seem to bloat the headers a LOT.  Do any mailing programs
actaully auto-parse these?

-=- Matthew L. Seidl		email: seidl@cs.colorado.edu
   =-=
=-= Graduate Student			Project . . . What Project?
   -=-
-=- http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/Home.html 	 -Morrow Quotes
   =-=
=-= http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/lawsuit
   -=-

Prev: Re: [GZG-L] Next: Re: [GZG][FH] Planet types (was Re: Locations of Stars)