Prev: RE: [FT] Kra'Vak Design Test (for dsicussion) Next: RE: [FT] Kra'Vak Design Test (for dsicussion)

Re: Filtering on [GZG-L]

From: Rick Rutherford <rickr@n...>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 09:56:02 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Filtering on [GZG-L]

On Tue, 24 Nov 1998, Jerry Han wrote:
> To be honest, I think it doesn't really get you anything.  Most people

> already tuck [OT] or [FT] or [DSII] or whatever in front of their
> posts, and you should be able to sort by the 'to' address or the
> 'source' address of the message.

Actually it buys you a lot -- a consistent header to use for filtering,
regardless of the mail software you're using. I'm using procmail, so I
have to pay close attention to the headers, writing different rules for
all of the exceptions until the whole list filters correctly.

> Right now, for example, I'm filtering on "To:" contains "GZG-L@CSUA",
> which works like a charm.

Except when the message ends up looking like this:

	To:someone@somewhere.com,
	Cc:gzg-l@csua

--
Rick Rutherford
rickr@skycache.com

Prev: RE: [FT] Kra'Vak Design Test (for dsicussion) Next: RE: [FT] Kra'Vak Design Test (for dsicussion)