Prev: Re: [FT] K'V Hulls Next: Re: [GZG][FH] Planet types (was Re: Locations of Stars)

Re: GZGL DSII - Hostile Environment Suited Infantry

From: "John M. Atkinson" <john.m.atkinson@e...>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 09:18:10 -0800
Subject: Re: GZGL DSII - Hostile Environment Suited Infantry

Andrew & Alex wrote:

>     The Hostile Environment Suits (HES) could also be stored in a
spare 2
> capacity points. Power Armour Suits (PAS) could be stored in a spare 4
> capacity points. For example, Star Grunt II NSL? power armour teams
which
> ride in one vehicle with their PA in another vehicle.

YUCK!  I can't imagine storing one's weapons when riding into a combat
zone.  Once you're out of the rear areas (which in a guerilla warfare
situation, is always), I'd want my PA suited up and ready to fight.  In
'down time', like tanks, you've always got some suits off and their
wearers doing maintinence of some kind or refilling stores, but always
with suited up troops pulling security.  As for Hostile Environment
suits, exactally what are you talking about?  A filter/respirator
combination should be fairly standard equipment even for militia with no
other body armor, and Full Combat Armor (d8 in Stargrunt) should be
manufactured so that's it's sealed up--the only thing you do in case of
NBC attack would be seal the helmet down to the armor.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: [FT] K'V Hulls Next: Re: [GZG][FH] Planet types (was Re: Locations of Stars)