Prev: Proposed Kra'Vak Charts - 4 Next: Home Page Update

GZGL DSII - Hostile Environment Suited Infantry

From: "Andrew & Alex" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 18:52:51 +1300
Subject: GZGL DSII - Hostile Environment Suited Infantry

Hi, Paul!

Paul O'Grady wrote:
>A quick thought for you...Hostile Environment Suited Infantry.
>    For use on Mars and other not so terraformed planets/moons, they
are
>basically a sealed suit with a self contained environment and some
lightly
>armoured areas to minimise explosive decompression from small splinters
and
>fragments.
>    Basically a cheaper alternative to using Power Armour everywhere
(when
>obviously there is a limited amount of that stuff !)
>    Takes up 6 spaces per team (vice 4 for normal INF, 8 for PA),
>chit damage as per a normal squad in a normal environment. Cost I
haven't
worked out yet...somewhere in between...
>    Thoughts ?
    Sounds good, something I haven't thought of!
    The Hostile Environment Suits (HES) could also be stored in a spare
2
capacity points. Power Armour Suits (PAS) could be stored in a spare 4
capacity points. For example, Star Grunt II NSL? power armour teams
which
ride in one vehicle with their PA in another vehicle.
    It takes a Regular infantry team their combat action to suit up in
either. Only Regular troops can use HES or PA. Militia are assumed to be
just experienced enough to use their weapons and armour! No special
suits
for Militia. Of course, Regular infantry teams can start the game
already
suited up if appropriate.
    I, too, think that the points cost for HES should be in between
Regular
and PA. Offensive and defensive capability for HES as per Regular team -
not
PA team. Say, +10 points for HES - that also covers the cost of training
for
the designated Regular troops that will be wearing them. HES wearers are
immune to NBC effects much like PA.
    For those who are interested, Space Usagi wear Hostile Environment
Suits.

Any further thoughts?

Andrew Martin
Who's recently seen Wombles being re-released!
Shared email: Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz
Web Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/
Blind See-Saw Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/SEE-SAW/
Dirtside II Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/
Dirtside II FAQ: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/
GZG E-Mail FAQ:
 http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/Ettiquette.html
FUDGE GM Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/FUDGE/
Usagi Yoyimbo Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/UY/
Space Usagi - soon not invading a GZG FH universe near you!

Prev: Proposed Kra'Vak Charts - 4 Next: Home Page Update