Prev: [SG2] [Traveller] VRF Gauss Rifle Question... Next: [SG2] Found a GAC/1 vs. Gauss SAW Bug...

[SG2] Heavy Weapons vs Dispersed Targets Question...

From: agoodall@i... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 01:03:46 GMT
Subject: [SG2] Heavy Weapons vs Dispersed Targets Question...

The rules are pretty clear as to how to handle a heavy weapon mounted on
vehicle when it tries to attack a dispersed squad of infantry...

...however...

...what about the case where the weapon is a small calibre, fast
rate-of-fire
weapon like, oh, a GAC/2? (See VRF Gauss Rifle post...)

According to the rules as written, this should be treated as an Impact
D8
weapon against dispersed targets. Technically, so should the GAC/1.
However,
the GAC/1 is ESSENTIALLY the same as a Gauss SAW mounted on a vehicle.

Jon specifically states that the GAC is a smaller version of the MDC.
It's a
faster firing version, but of smaller calibre.

My ruling would be to treat a vehicle mounted GAC/1 the same as a Gauss
SAW:
Impact D12 against dispersed targets. How about the GAC/2, though?
Should it
have D12 x 2 against infantry? I'm inclined to go with that, as I don't
like
the idea of it being only D8 based on the "heavy weapons against
infantry"
rules. I remember the scene from _Saving Private Ryan_ when the Germans
turn a
20mm flak gun on a group of men taking out a Tiger. I can see the GAC/2
doing
the same thing... only worse...

Does this make sense? Or should the GAC/2 stay as a heavy weapon and let
the
GAC/1 be used for anti-infantry?

Allan Goodall		       agoodall@interlog.com

Prev: [SG2] [Traveller] VRF Gauss Rifle Question... Next: [SG2] Found a GAC/1 vs. Gauss SAW Bug...