Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] RE: [FT] Size of "Countries" in FT Next: Re: [FT] Railgun Goals

RE: [OFFICIAL] RE: [FT] Size of "Countries" in FT

From: Thomas Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 18:10:56 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: RE: [OFFICIAL] RE: [FT] Size of "Countries" in FT

On Fri, 27 Nov 1998, Thomas Barclay wrote:

> Good question! I've seen some starmaps, and there aren't all that
> many systems within a close distance of earth (that could be decent
> colony material probabalistically).

have a butchers at nyrath's site (senor chung will show you the way) or
mine, where some bits of VRML mapping can be found (prototypes for
world-dominating ubermap):

users.ox.ac.uk/~univ0938/sc/index.html

i have been reliably informed that between half and two thirds of all
stars are members of binary pairs. bear in mind that planets have a hard
time forming in such systems.

Tom

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] RE: [FT] Size of "Countries" in FT Next: Re: [FT] Railgun Goals