Prev: [DS] WWII at Little Wars Next: RE: [FT] Railgun Goals

RE: [FT] Railgun Goals II

From: "Tim Jones" <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 16:20:51 -0000
Subject: RE: [FT] Railgun Goals II

>Because, rather than discharging my capacitors once to accelerate one
>mass and then wait to charge, etc. for subsequent shots, I've gone to
>a rapid fire mode where I still burn the same amount or maybe only
>25% more spread across a lot of projectiles

OK - but what you describe isn't 'Raking'. Raking is firing down
the long axis of the target. This (above) is a variable pulse railgun
which is certainly a viable alternative system, if you (the gamer)
want that sort of thing.

Given a turn may be 20mins or so though, I get the feeling the weapon
effects are an abstraction anyway. With a big fusion power plant a
coil/railgun could probably pump a large amount of projectiles out
in 20 mins at max power/accel. So I don't think the variable pulse
idea is moot to the level of abstraction for the game I want to play
YMMV.

tim jones
--------

Prev: [DS] WWII at Little Wars Next: RE: [FT] Railgun Goals