Prev: RE: Railgun Goals II Next: RE: GZG History

RE: [FT] Railgun Goals

From: "Tim Jones" <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 08:16:18 -0000
Subject: RE: [FT] Railgun Goals

>> My personal preference is for a middle ground - a handfull of larger
>> projectiles. Not one big one or millions of small ones.
>
>How about multiple modes? A Raking/Volume mode which gives you good
>hit/damage potential, but spreads the damage so armour acts more
>effectively (more lower energy projectiles) and a Piercing/Impact
>mode which gives you long range, good one-hit penetration vs armour,
>but less aggregate damage?

I too think this is an unrequired over complication. In MT it
clearly states it works as a hyper velocity penetrator in
bursts - analagous to a machine gun burst, Dacca Dacca Dacca.

The class just changes the calibre of the bullet/projectile
so here its analgous to:

class 1 is a .22
class 2 is a .303
class 3 is a .50.

And the damage done reflects the larger calibre round
having more energy when it hits the target.

Its not analagous to a shotgun or artillery (AKA trash can)

tim jones
--------

Prev: RE: Railgun Goals II Next: RE: GZG History