Prev: Re: Railgun Goals II Next: Re: Happy Birthday to you

Re: FTFB General Question

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 19:16:25 +0100
Subject: Re: FTFB General Question

Chris Lowrey wrote:

> Do many people use the national fleets presented in the Fleet Book to
make
> up the bulk of their forces?

I don't use the Fleet Book designs at all, although some of my designs
for smaller ships are (by necessity) very similar to the FB ones. The
GZG
universe ships don't fit in with my playing style (or background
histories for my fleets) - they're either far too slow, lack broadside
armaments or lack needle beams <g>

> If so, which fleet design do you like the best, or have the most
success with?

Difficult question. Have to go on the "like" criteria; the only times
I've used FTFB designs were during the playtest, and even then I
preferred to use my own (more extreme) designs to try and break the
design system :-/

If I have to choose, I think I'd go with the NAC. I like high speeds far
too much to use NSL or EDU, and I'm not good enough with the SMs to dare
using the FSE :-/

Later

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Railgun Goals II Next: Re: Happy Birthday to you