Prev: Re: Railgun Goals II Next: Re: Railgun Goals II

Re: [GZG-L]

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 19:05:46 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG-L]

trapper wrote:

> Aloha,
>    Now that the new list is up and running, how does everyone feel
about the
> listserver automatically adding a [GZG-L] or [GZG] tag at the
beginning
of
> every subject line (see my subject line)?

Yes, please!

My mail handler can sort after the "from" line, but... it makes a
difference between upper and lower case letters. If I search for
"gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU" I won't catch, eg, "gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu"
or
"gzg-l@CSUA.berkeley.edu". It also won't catch any posts where someone
CCs a post to the list.

Since I've recieved posts from this list with a lot of different
combinations of upper and lower case letters, as well as CC-ed posts, I
now have 5 (!) entries in the "Organize inbox" list just to sort the FT
list. I think that that is about 4 too many :-(

FWIW, the Starfire list uses the subject line tag [SF]. Works
beautifully
:-) (Matthew is the list admin for that one as well, BTW - no major
problem for the past four years or so IIRC :-) )

So a resounding YES from me!

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Railgun Goals II Next: Re: Railgun Goals II