Prev: Re: Last Post Next: Re: FTFB idea's for Free Cal Tex + SML usage

Re: Last Post

From: Thomas Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 16:45:18 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: Last Post

On Thu, 26 Nov 1998, Jonathan White wrote:
> >I know lots of people have unsubbed (at least, the number of
misdirected
> >unsub msgs argues that) but another post said there's still 190-some
of
> >us...I hadn't even realized the list was that big at it's
height...what
> >_was_ the total population of the list just prior to The End?
> There possibly are still 190 people subscribed. The last review I did
> before the switchoff was announced had (hold on a sec) 284 names on
it.

one i just did (1630 GMT 26/11/1998) says 179 now - we've lost 13 people
since yesterday afternoon; roughly one every 90 minutes. at this rate,
the
list will be clear in almost exactly five days. i'll keep counting.
there
may be a slowdown at the end as me, john atkins and other
singularity-riders fight it out to be the last man aboard ...

Tom

Prev: Re: Last Post Next: Re: FTFB idea's for Free Cal Tex + SML usage