Prev: RE: [FT] Railgun Goals Next: RE: Railgun Goals II

[FT] Railgun To Hit (?)

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 07:47:12 -0800
Subject: [FT] Railgun To Hit (?)

This was at the end of my last post, but I'm excited enough by the
concept
that I'm going to spout off for a bit

Say that regardless of class, RGs roll:
4 dice for Thr 1-2
3 dice for Thr 3-4
2 dice for Thr 5-6
1 die for Thr 7+

Range 0-12: 2+ hits
Range 12-24: 4+ hits
Range 24-36: 6 hits

Damage multiplier = number of hits

***

The reason I've become so (some might say easily) fascinated by this
idea
is because it seems to fit in with many of the other ideas we've had.

1) It would explain why the K'V use high thrust ships

2) It's very different from the beam mechanic

3) It makes K'V armor (either the ablative OR screen-like variety) make
alot of sense

4) The potential damage is high enough that we can limit arcs without
worry
that RGs will be underpriced

Schoon

Prev: RE: [FT] Railgun Goals Next: RE: Railgun Goals II