Prev: [Gunslinger] Current duel status (turn 5) Next: Re: [FT] Railgun Goals

Re: [FT] Railgun Goals

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 21:22:06 -0800
Subject: Re: [FT] Railgun Goals

John and Roxanne Leary <realjtl@sj.bigger.net> wrote:

>    The 'K' rail gun is a device that throws a stream of small dense
>'BBs' across the path of the target ship.   (thus the 'swiss cheese'
>comments in the rules)   The primary difference between each of the
>three types is the addition of power storage/charging units on the
>larger railguns.
>Type 1 = railgun + charger
>Type 2 = railgun + charger + charger
>Type 3 = railgun + charger + charger + charger
>The increased damage function of the guns is due to the following shot
>being more compact (shot pattern) and of increased accuracy due to the
>tracking of the preceding shot placement.

I'm not sure I agree with this concept. I think that the size of the BBs
will also vary with class, assuming we go with the BB model. Even though
the class 3 uses the same basic railgun system, it's a bigger one.

The idea of a superdense spindle blowing through another ship,
regardless
of the realism involved, sings to me.

My personal preference is for a middle ground - a handfull of larger
projectiles. Not one big one or millions of small ones.

Schoon

Prev: [Gunslinger] Current duel status (turn 5) Next: Re: [FT] Railgun Goals