Prev: Re: [OT]: Happy Birthday to mark siefert Next: Re: [FT] Railgun Goals

Re: FTFB General Question

From: Aaron Teske <ateske@H...>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 13:17:07 -0500
Subject: Re: FTFB General Question

At 07:47 AM 11/25/98 -0500, Indy wrote:
>>> NO!!! I've seen the 'Teske Phenomenon' way too often in the past.
>>>
>>> Aaron: [rolls 8 dice: 2 fives, 6 sixes]
>>>
>>> Indy: <groan>
>>>
>>> Aaron: rerolls 5 sixes and a five
>>> Aaron: rerolls 4 sixes and a four
>>>
>>> Indy: "You can stop now, Aaron..."
>>>
>>> Aaron: rerolls 3 sixes and a five
>>>
>>> Indy:  [tears up ship sheet]
>>>
>>> Aaron: rerolls 2 sixes and a four
>>>
>>> Indy: "Aaron..."
>>>
>>> Aaron: rerolls 2 sixes
>>> Aaron: rerolls 1 six and a five
>>>
>>> Indy: "AARON!!"
>>>
>>> Aaron: rerolls a four
>>>
>>> Indy: [throws ship sheet away]
>>>
>>> Mk
>>

>>     Make Note: Teske, Aaron.
>>     Do not become deceively enguaged with the above.
>>     His Karma might overrun my Dogma!!
>
>Whaddyamean, do not become deceived? This really happened, man.
Repeatedly!

I think he means, decisively engaged, but I'm not sure.  Besides, Mark,
you're exaggerating a bit.  I think the most rerolls I've ever gotten is
six, not seven, and most of 'em drop out in the second and third tiers
anyway.  Though, admittedly, usually with fours and fives, so they do a
bit
of damage. ^_^

What was really scary was when I demonstrated Full Thrust to a friend of
mine up here... we each took a NAC light cruiser and two destroyers.  We
closed pretty evenly, and I had initiative... my first shot was four
sixes
and two fives, which popped one of his DDs off the bat.  His return fire
was six sixes... I was amazed, and *very* gratified he fired on one of
my
DDs instead of my cruiser! ^_^;;  I'm hoping to get Jason to come to
GZG-ECC II.... ^_^

Later,

					Aaron Teske
					ateske@HICom.net
LAUNCH DAY!
A totally unprovoked attack on peaceful neighbors. Must be the race
file. Does strange things.
		--Rick Kujecko, on the War Monger PRT in Stars!

Prev: Re: [OT]: Happy Birthday to mark siefert Next: Re: [FT] Railgun Goals