Prev: Re: [FT] Railgun Goals Next: Re: My Kingdom for a GM!

Re: FTFB General Question

From: Rob Paul <rpaul@w...>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 18:07:35 +0000
Subject: Re: FTFB General Question

At 19:52 24/11/98 -0500, you wrote:
>> Do many people use the national fleets presented in the Fleet Book to
>make
>> up the bulk of their forces?  If so, which fleet design do you like
the
>> best, or have the most success with?

SNIPPAGE
I almost always win, 'cos I almost always play solo. :-(
I only recently got my first GZG ships (an NSL fleet pack- I got a BB,
BC
(Max.), 2 CE,
2 DD and 3 CT,= 1478 points) having mostly used Micromachines in the
past.
My 3 MM Sulacos fit in pretty well to boost the squadron.  I chose NSL
as I
liked the look of the models, as well as the "beams and armour" style of
play.

My main fleet is Scottish, using my own designs and mainly prehistoric
Garrison models I've had since I was at school.  My heavy units mainly
use
Pulse torps and Class 2 batteries;  mobility tends to be medium; most
ships
of superdestroyer size and over feature ADFC and large PDS
installations.
The fleet also will include a single monster dreadnought (Mass 300), the
Great Michael, as a reminder that we once had the world's biggest
warship.
I also have a large heavy cruiser\escort, with Class 2 beams, ADFC and
PDS,
and superdestroyers (of WW2 Italian inspiration!) for salvo missile
strike.

An example:
SDN William Wallace
      System				       Mass
Cost
=
Mass 200					  0		     200
Hull Integrity					 60		     120
FTL						 20		      40
Thrust-4					 40		      80
Screen-1					 10		      30
3 FCS						  3		      12
ADFC						  2		       8
2 PT, 2 arc (PF,F)				 10		      30
2 PT, 2 arc (SF,F)				 10		      30
5 PT, 1 arc (F) 				 20		      60
3 Class 2, 3 arc (PA,PF,F)			  6		      18
3 Class 2, 3 arc (PF,F,SF)			  6		      18

3 Class 2, 3 arc (F,SF,SA)			  6		      18
7 PDS						  7		      21

=
Totals						200		     685

In a couple of tryout duels with a Teggethof, the NSL ship has been
handed
its head.
Lest I be accused of munchkinism, my carriers and frigates are pretty
normal.

Rob

"Rob Paul

Dept of Zoology
Oxford University
South Parks Road
Oxford
(01865) 271124
"Once again, villainy is rotting meat
before the maggots of justice!"
"

Prev: Re: [FT] Railgun Goals Next: Re: My Kingdom for a GM!