Prev: Re: [FT] Railgun Goals Next: Re: [FT] Railgun Goals

Re: Last Post

From: Thomas Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 17:16:22 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: Last Post

On Wed, 25 Nov 1998, Jonathan White wrote:
> >people have expressed their happiness with the 'new list smell'; i
must
> >say i also like the feeling of being all but alone in the ghost of
what
> >was just a week a go a thriving community. it's like walking through
the
> >ruins of Pompeii.
> tell you what it reminds me of. I used to work for a firm that rent PA
> systems out to stadiums & arenas for gigs etc.

what, for crowd control? i know the Stones hired the Hell's Angels to do
security at one of their gigs in the us back in the daze, but cap
troopers?

[joke: PA = public address = power armour]

> You'd walk into a big arena and it'd be silent. There'd usually be
tons of
> litter on the ground

a little like going into a lecture theatre or a lab after everyone has
gone.

> That's what posting this post right now feels like. Too strange.

yes, this place is big and empty. hey, let me try something:

ECHO!

Tom

Prev: Re: [FT] Railgun Goals Next: Re: [FT] Railgun Goals