Prev: Re: [FT] Railguns Next: Re: [FT] Railguns

[FT] Railgun Goals

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 08:17:35 -0800
Subject: [FT] Railgun Goals

Perhaps before we get too far along any one trail for our K'V weapons
discussion, we should establish some general goals. These are the one
that
I think are important:

1) The "To-Hit" mechanic should reflect a projectile flavor. In my eyes,
that means performance should be relatively constant out to a given
range
and then drop off quickly.

2) Damage should be constant, without regard to range.

3) Firing arcs should be very limited to preserve the K'V "feel."

4) Mass should be relatively low, and point cost should be relatively
high.

Please refute these if you don't agree; they're just a starting point.
Once
we agree on some goals, then we can get down to the nitty-gritty of the
specific mechanics to achieve them.

Schoon

Prev: Re: [FT] Railguns Next: Re: [FT] Railguns