Prev: RE: [FT] Railguns Next: Re: Last Post

Re: Last Post

From: Thomas Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 12:26:23 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: Last Post

On Tue, 24 Nov 1998, Jerry Han wrote:
> Jonathan White wrote:
> > I suppose I should be here until the end. Captain/ship sort of
thing...
> I'm going to remain jacked in, to make sure the archives are as
complete
> as possible (though I'll probably delete the several zillion
> 'unsubscribe' messages sent to the list.)  (8-)

i am compiling a sort of sub-archive, dealing with the last days of the
list. i'm going to request reviews every now and then to track the
decline
and fall of the list.

conversely, i am also compiling a Hall of Shame of those who mistakenly
sent their unsub commands to the list itself.

people have expressed their happiness with the 'new list smell'; i must
say i also like the feeling of being all but alone in the ghost of what
was just a week a go a thriving community. it's like walking through the
ruins of Pompeii.

Tom

Prev: RE: [FT] Railguns Next: Re: Last Post