Prev: [FTFB][gunslinger] Duel PBeM offer Next: Re: [FTFB] Fleet Book type 2s are better.

Re: FTFB General Question

From: Laserlight <laserlight@c...>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 19:52:36 -0500
Subject: Re: FTFB General Question

> Do many people use the national fleets presented in the Fleet Book to
make
> up the bulk of their forces?	If so, which fleet design do you like
the
> best, or have the most success with?

	For convenience's sake, I'll use pre-generated ships in a
one-off
scenario; I wouldn't be thrilled with any of them for my own fleet.  If
had to stick to FB fleets, I'd probably go in order of: ESU; FSE; NAC;
NSL.
	If I were going to change something (which, oddly enough, I am),
I'd
probably take FSE hulls and engines, tear out the weapons, and mount
torpedoes (I am the anti-Indy, in that respect--I roll sixes) or Class 3
beams plus more PDS and ADFC.  Each ship would have a primary weapon
rather
than a mix--someone has to re-invent the Dreadnought concept, it may as
well be me.  I'd probably keep a regular FSE squadron of missile
cruisers
plus a carrier, to generate a salvo of missiles and fighters, but it
wouldn't operate independently.
	FSE also looks the best, of course.  I'd like to hear an
explanation of
those NAC ships with their "Shoot Me HERE" necks; NSL is only slightly
better, with the skinny midsections plus lots of  surfaces designed to
give
a good radar return.

Prev: [FTFB][gunslinger] Duel PBeM offer Next: Re: [FTFB] Fleet Book type 2s are better.