Prev: FT: railguns and arcs Next: Re: FTFB General Question

[FTFB] Fleet Book Kra'Vak

From: Rob Paul <rpaul@w...>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 23:40:44 +0000
Subject: [FTFB] Fleet Book Kra'Vak

I haven't gone through all of the recent posts yet, but I think that:
1) Railgun mass should be along the lines of "class+1" (i.e. 2,3,4) and
that
they should mostly be 1 (60-degree) arc.  _Perhaps_ 2 arcs for the Class
1.

2) I really don't like the K'Vs having anti-fighter\anti-missile weapons
other than the Scatterguns, or for that matter ADFCs.  SGs are so
damaging
to ships that there ought to be a serious reason NOT to fire them at
ships.
I'd also make them 2 mass each to keep them expensive in space and keep
their numbers down, so a K'V admiral has decisions to make about their
use.

3) To offset a lack of ADFCs, I'd let SGs fire at any fighters in range
and
which are NOT attacking friendly ships.

Hmm- a possible second thought (2 in one day, I'll have to go and lie
down!)- perhaps I might allow K'V ADFCs but rule that the "defended"
ship
takes a half-strength SG attack.

Rob

"Rob Paul

Dept of Zoology
Oxford University
South Parks Road
Oxford
(01865) 271124
"Once again, villainy is rotting meat
before the maggots of justice!"
"

Prev: FT: railguns and arcs Next: Re: FTFB General Question