Prev: Re: Last Post Next: Re: [FT] Railguns

Re: FTFB General Question

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 09:09:03 +1000
Subject: Re: FTFB General Question

G'day guys,

>Do many people use the national fleets presented in the Fleet Book to
make
>up the bulk of their forces?  If so, which fleet design do you like the
>best, or have the most success with?

When playing the GZG background (we occasionally play alternate
background
scenarios), everyone I've run into down here in Tassie uses standard FB
fleets - at least at present. The guys have all opted for NSL, ESU and
NAC
fleets (NSL and ESU being the most popular), I went FSE. The fleets are
pretty much used as depicted in the FB, though a couple of guys have
gone
in for swapping this weapon/system for that etc. (but not to a great
extent) and so far I'm the only one who's really gone out and designed a
ship from scratch for use with one of the "GZG background" fleets - I
did
up an arsenal ship. Beyond that my husband has done up some designs for
his
fledgling OU fleet.

Personally I like the FSE the best because I like being fast, having the
punch of the salvo missiles and seeing the look on their faces when that
carrier of mine comes sailing onto the board. However, the guys seem
pleased with their fleets too - they like their armour etc.

As for rate of success.... I must admit to having a fairly low rate, but
wouldn't necessarily blame that on the FSE designs I think it has more
do with the fact I've got a much smaller fleet and I have a tendency to
just rush in and throw sound tactics/strategy out the window for a brief
moment of blood and glory :)
I have seen the FSE kick some serious NSL butt though and I think it
just
comes down to the commander and their preferences/abilities. Get a fleet
that suits your style of command :)

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax (03) 6232 5199 International +61 3 6232 5199

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: Re: Last Post Next: Re: [FT] Railguns