Prev: Re: [FTFB] Minaturization Next: Unsubscribing Instructions

RE: [FTFB] Fleet Book Kra'Vak

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 08:27:06 -0800
Subject: RE: [FTFB] Fleet Book Kra'Vak

>As you can see, the railguns are about 60% more efficient against an
>un-screened ship, which argues for at least a 50% mass increase for
>railguns.

Good point on the damage vs. mass. I hadn't considered it; I was just
going
by average damage at range. If we multiply the masses by 1.5...

Class 1 RAILGUN - 2 MASS, 4-arc fire
Class 2 RAILGUN - 3 MASS, 2-arc fire
Class 3 RAILGUN - 6 MASS, 1-arc fire
POINT COST = 3 per MASS

This makes them quite a bit more massive, and ups the cost as well. I'd
be
very interested to get some playtest reports back from those who have
time
to give these a whirl.

Schoon

Prev: Re: [FTFB] Minaturization Next: Unsubscribing Instructions