Prev: Re: Is anybody out there? Testing... Next: unsub

Re: [ADMIN] New List!!!

From: Jerry Han <jhan@c...>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 13:09:35 -0500
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] New List!!!

Jonathan White wrote:

> >For now, posts to the old list stay there, and posts to the new list
> >stay there.	I would giev people about 48 hours to vacate the old
list
> >before really starting to post to the new one.  Jon has asked that
the
> >move be expidited (if I'm wrong on this, please correct me Jon).
> No, that's about right. I would like (if at all possible) to have as
many
> people as possible moved over by the end of the week. Therefore I
would
> suggest we begin the winding down of the old list on Wednesday.

Oh wow.  I still can't believe we've reached this point.  I know it
isn't
a list shutdown, just a change but it still feels... weird.

Anyways, HTML archives will be maintained of both lists.  I haven't
decided
how, if in any way, this will effect the organization of the archives.
(I'll probably archive both lists for a while...)

Once again, a public 'Hurrah!' to Jon and Bolton for running this list,
and
a moment to remember Adam Delafield.

Thanks all,
J.

--
/ Jerry Han -  CANOE Canada - jhan@canoe.ca -
http://interact.canoe.ca/~jhan \

Prev: Re: Is anybody out there? Testing... Next: unsub