Prev: Re: Infantry Walkers! Next: Re: Infantry Walkers!

Re: Infantry Walkers!

From: Kenneth Winland <kwinland@c...>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 23:32:50 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Infantry Walkers!

	Greetings!

On Fri, 20 Nov 1998 PERRYG1@aol.com wrote:

>  I agree with both of you, yes they would be service/logistics
intensive, but
> on the otherhand they are in part what attracted me to 20/25mm Sci-Fi.
In the
> games we played when SGII first came out (moderate/large size game,
several
> platoons,  1/2 dozen vehicals total) we used Kryomech Raven class
walkers
> (mine were painted German WWII "Ambush pattern" for NSL) . In urban
> environments with lots of rubble , obstacles and destroyed buildings,
walkers
> were able to hunker down in defilade and pop up at just the right
moment let
> loose with rockets and mini-guns and scoot. Kinda like helicopter
gunships
> with legs. Walkers died quick though if they tried to slug it with MBT
tanks
> heavily armed opponents.

	A lot of my combat walkers have been painted up for the NSL,
usually in Eastern Front schemes.  What is is with those NSL and their
"retro" camo... :)

	My flatmate loves the old Kryomek walkers, BTW.  His OUDF is
liberally supplied with them.

	Ken

Prev: Re: Infantry Walkers! Next: Re: Infantry Walkers!