Prev: RE: Infantry Walkers! Next: Re: Infantry Walkers!

Re: [ds] Modern Tanks.

From: Randall Case <tgunner@e...>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 19:56:54 -0600
Subject: Re: [ds] Modern Tanks.

Kenneth Winland wrote:

>		  I am amazed by the amount of fratricide in the Gulf.
A total of
> 81 soldiers and 77% of US Army materiel losses were due to friendly
fire
> incidents.  They've been talking about IFF measures for a while, but I
> guess interest has REALLY stepped up... <g>.
>
>	  Later!
>
>	  Ken

Fratricide in the Gulf War wasn't as terrible as most people think. It
was just way
more noticable because of the lack of total casualities.

To twist this thread back to DS, I'm very cuious about the game's fire
control
systems. Where would a modern tank lie in the Basic, Enhanced, and
Advanced order of
things? The reason why I ask is because I'm seriously thinking about
trying to
convert an ancient game called "Laser and Sabot" to DS. LS was a minis
game that
featured an alien invasion during the early 90's. I didn't care much for
the game as
it stood, but I loved the concept. The Aliens used 'Hover Armor'...
vehicles that
used a sort of contra-grav drive. They were fast, but thinly armored.
Their guns
were somewhat better than Terran guns, but not by much.

In that game I'm thinking about using this:

Russian T-62 and older tanks: Basic FC
Modern US and NATO tanks, plus T-72 and better Soviet: Intermediate
Alien Hov Armor: Advanced

All Russian tanks and Western tanks (up to the 70's) use HVCs
Modern Western tanks use HKPs up to class 4
Aliens use HELs, MDCs, and DFFGs.

Both sides use missiles, however Terran units my only use Enhanced and
Basic for
their missiles. SLAMs are only used by helecopters.

What do ya'll think?

Prev: RE: Infantry Walkers! Next: Re: Infantry Walkers!