Prev: Man-portability of heavy weapons Next: Re: [SG2] Traveller Armour Question

RE: [SG2] Traveller Armour Question

From: "Moody, Danny M." <DMoody@b...>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 13:29:29 -0600
Subject: RE: [SG2] Traveller Armour Question

On Saturday, 21 November 1998 12:19, agoodall@interlog.com
[SMTP:agoodall@interlog.com] wrote:
> For my upcoming SG2 scenario, I'm working on some Traveller
conversions.
> One
> of the questions I have is around Traveller combat suits and
battledress.

> Now, my Traveller experience was from a few years ago, using a
slightly
> modified version of the Classic Traveller with Snapshot as the combat
> system.
> Battledress seemed to be just really good armour with environmental
> controls
> in it. Nothing special.
>
> Did this change in later Traveller?
>
> What do you think I should do with the armour? My current idea was to
> make
> Battledress just regular D12 with environmental add-ons, and a combat
> suit the
> same but D10. No Power Armour use at all. Does Traveller HAVE Power
> Armour?

Actually, battledress is the Traveller version of powered armour.
Battledress provides great armour as well as increased strength and
endurance.  Battledress gives the user the ability to lift heavy loads
(IIRC, it gives the user the equivalent of Traveller STR 30, avg human
has STR 7), withstand the recoil of a FGMP (Fusion Gun-Man Portable),
increased mobility of the grav belt ('I can fly...', and the ability to
drop from orbit.

Combat armour is more akin to the full armoured suit (kind of like
stormtroopers from StarWars).  Lots of armour on an environmentally
sealed suit, but no powered assists.

vargr1							 UPP-8D9B85
---------------------------- Omnia dicta fortiora, si dicta latina.
Meyers-Briggs personality type: ENTJ		    vargr1@jcn1.com
"...the ENTJ is not one to be trifled with."	  dmoody@bridge.com

Prev: Man-portability of heavy weapons Next: Re: [SG2] Traveller Armour Question