Prev: Re: Infantry Walkers! and More Grav Bikes Next: Re: IFVs

Re: GMS Fire control

From: Thomas Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 20:24:28 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: GMS Fire control

On Fri, 20 Nov 1998, Kenneth Winland wrote:
> > How many of you think GMS firecontrol is
> > 1) a product of the round
>	I think that minimal "intelligence" would be placed in the
round,
> as that always goes up in smoke at the end of the day.

well, microchips these days aren't too expensive, and in the future
they're going to be essentially free. think of sheets of them being
nanoprinted on organic semisuperconductor, like so many postage stamps.
putting intelligence in missiles will be cheap, and probably the best
option. provided you can get cheap sensors as well, of course. i'm just
waiting for the guided rifle round (anyone seen 'the fifth element' -
think of the 'replay' option on that whizzo rifle the bad guy was
selling)

Tom

Prev: Re: Infantry Walkers! and More Grav Bikes Next: Re: IFVs