Prev: Re: GMS Fire control Next: RE: IFVs

Re: [Fwd: [FTFB] Fleet Book Kra'Vak]

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 09:18:47 -0800
Subject: Re: [Fwd: [FTFB] Fleet Book Kra'Vak]

 Los <los@cris.com> wrote:

>>  While I may agree that scatter-guns need some adjustment anyway, the
hull
>> problem needs to be resolved without resorting to changing the cost
of
>> OTHER systems. Otherwise, they just won't buy the overpriced systems,
and
>> stick to the "good but cheap" ones!!
>
>Whuile I dig what you are saying in principle, the Kra'Vak have no
choice.
>Right
>now scatterguns are their only PDS option.

Then that's something that bears attention. Do class 1 (lowest) K'V
railguns have the ability to act as a PDS like class 1 beams do? I would
think so.

Perhaps they should also have a "scattergun-like" smaller system that's
more like a disposable PDS at a correspondingly reduced cost.

My personal opinion is that every system - on its own - needs to be
balanced between the three essential factors of FT: performance, mass,
and
cost. Anything that is not, will either be ignored or abused when it
comes
time for free-design fleets.

Schoon

Prev: Re: GMS Fire control Next: RE: IFVs