Prev: Re: 25mm Grav Bikes and Rules Next: Re: GMS Fire control

RE: 25mm Grav Bikes and Rules

From: Wayne <w.pollerd@u...>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 10:28:19 +0000
Subject: RE: 25mm Grav Bikes and Rules

On 19/11/98, Brian wrote:

SNIP

>The reaction test for suppression is interesting - adds a bit of chance
>over the set reactions of the other method. Combine the two: If a squad
>blows it's rolls and gets a first suppression, (testing at Threat +1
for
>the first time) they can move but not shoot. Next suppression, test at
+2,
>and they hit dirt if they fail. After that, treat them as normal
infantry.

I'm begining to think you've been sending me telepathic suggestions.

I was looking at the SG2 rule book last night and when I got to the the
reaction test section and read the following line "Reaction test is
taken
whenever a unit is ordered to do something that its troops may or mat
not
have the nerve to carry out..." it hit me that mounted infantry should
make
a reaction test when ever they receive a suppression and if they fail
they
would do a 'crash dismount'.

I was thinking a reaction test with a threat level of +2 for the first
suppression. If they pass they can continue to do move and leader
actions
but nothing else.  If they fail they do a 'crash dismount' and the
suppression effects them like normal infantry.	On the getting a second
suppression the threat level would be +4 and on the third an automatic
crash dismount with no roll.  This would add an element of uncertainty
it. (With out a roll I could see people exposing mounted infantry
knowing
they weren't going to be forced to stop moving until they get a second
suppression)

I based the threat level on the going into position roll, it seem to be
similar situation to a crash dismount (sort of)

Wayne

Prev: Re: 25mm Grav Bikes and Rules Next: Re: GMS Fire control