Prev: Re: Infantry Walkers! Next: Re: Infantry Walkers!

Re: Infantry Walkers!

From: Kenneth Winland <kwinland@c...>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 02:00:22 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Infantry Walkers!

	Greetings!

On Thu, 19 Nov 1998, Brian Burger wrote:

> In DS2, I use Size 1 Walkers as heavy weapons support for my Powered
> Armour. They can drop in from orbit with the PA, and provide GMS/H &
MDC/2
> support than is much appreciated at times.

	That's a cool role... and makes sense, too.

> Low armour values? They have (AFAIK) the same armour rules as any
vehicle
> - so any light vehicle would be as vulnerable, or nearly. I run a
light
> tank in SG2, Size/Armour 2...it tends to die as well. Sg2 is rough on
> vehicles.

	Yeah, it is <G>.

> In DS2, my Walker arm tends to take ridiculous casualties in every
> operation. I generally figure that 3/4 of them will die everytime they
> drop in...but while they're alive, they provide valuable fire support,
and
> diversions for the PA to get down to the real work.

	Are the walker casualties that high because they draw so much
enemy fire?

> Missed that one. Is it webified anywhere?

	He mentioned the scenario in a paragraph a long while back.  I
don't think that he ever wrote it up.  I think that it would be swell if
he did.  I would like to see the scenario and his comments after the
scenario was run.

> Depends. My Size 4 IFVs either die horribly or cut infantry to bits,
in
> about equal proportions. Killing the GMS/L trooper in your target
squad
> with the first firing action certainly helps...Having an entire PA
squad
> volley IAVRs at you really hurts...

> My PA companies have the following TO&E:

<snip>

	Neat!  As I am just getting into DS in a serious fashion (I
have run con games before, but few *home* games), this is great food for
thought.

> (and I'll shortly have enough figs to run a _battalion_ (3 coy.) of
the
> above!)

	VERY neat!

	Later,

	Ken

Prev: Re: Infantry Walkers! Next: Re: Infantry Walkers!