Prev: Re: Infantry Walkers! and More Grav Bikes Next: Re: Infantry Walkers!

SEC: UNCLASSIFIED - GMS Fire control

From: "Lawrie, Craig" <Craig.Lawrie@c...>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 10:31:22 +1100
Subject: SEC: UNCLASSIFIED - GMS Fire control

> Okay guys:
>
> How many of you think GMS firecontrol is
>
> 1) a product of the round
> 2) believe it is a product of the sights and sensors on the launcher

	I expect that in the future you would still try to make things
as
close to "2" as possible.  Sensors, sights etc are all expensive, so the
more you can pack into your reusable launcher the better.  If anything,
the
level of autonomy of the missile may be represented by the level of fire
control - a Basic firecon indicates a wire guided missile, while the
Superior version is true fire-and-forget, terminal guidance, whatever.

	Craig.

Prev: Re: Infantry Walkers! and More Grav Bikes Next: Re: Infantry Walkers!