Prev: Re: [DS] Tank designs Next: Re: [DS] Tank designs was Re: [ds] Ogres

RE: 25mm Grav Bikes and Rules

From: Kenneth Winland <kwinland@c...>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 14:28:25 -0500 (EST)
Subject: RE: 25mm Grav Bikes and Rules

	Howdy!

On Thu, 19 Nov 1998, Brian Burger wrote:

> We've had people quoting Tom Clancy as a source recently. I think we
can
> survive the quoting of Hollyweird. (sorry, it's late...)

	:)

> I'm an egocentric type, but I prefer my original idea: first
activation,
> movement but no fire. After that, they bail & hug dirt like normal
> infantry. You can only get one suppression every time someone fires at
> you, so collecting more than one indicates either several squads
opening
> up on you or a squad getting two turns or more uninterrupted firing at
> you. God knows I'd crash-stop my bike (or my horse, to use the
regular-cav
> example) and hunker down. You may have a fast bike, but bullets are
> faster...to say nothing of laser beams or fusion bolts...

	This is a pretty good rule.  Someone else suggested that mounted
squads make a test role each time they receive a suppresion; if they
pass,
no suppression, if they fail, they get a suppression and must dismount.

	We've started using mounted infantry and grav bike troops over
the
last few months, but not enough to really get a feel for these proposed
rules.	We'll try both.  In the past, either a squad is smart enough to
NOT be shot at while mounted, or they get hit while mounted and hosed
down
to a man...  (My poor Boer irregulars...)

	Laterish!

	Ken

Prev: Re: [DS] Tank designs Next: Re: [DS] Tank designs was Re: [ds] Ogres