Prev: Re: 25mm Grav Bikes and Rules Next: Re: [FTFB] Fleet Book Kra'Vak

RE: 25mm Grav Bikes and Rules

From: Adrian Johnson <ajohnson@i...>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 13:49:36 -0500
Subject: RE: 25mm Grav Bikes and Rules

<snip lots>

>Nifty toys. Got rules you could share on these things? (after reading
the
>intro blurb to DS2 - the thing about why taking armour alone into urban
>zones is dumb, with the monofilament beheader-of-tank-captains, I've
>wondered when someone would write rules for monofilament in DS2/SG2)

Yes!  I'd like to see interesting rules for this too.  Good ideas.

>Interesting ideas, and you reinforced the point I made earlier about
the
>unbalancing effect of bucketloads of SAWs...counterable by interesting
>toys, but unbalancing in vanilla SG2.

Yes, if you really want "balance" you can counter lots of guns with more
guns... but the game ends up being about who has the most/biggest guns,
instead of about strategy, tactics and cleverness - which, I think, was
the
point in the firstplace.  For lots of big guns, I could refer us to a
game
by a certain other (vast evil empire) game company... but I won't.  :-)

Adrian

Prev: Re: 25mm Grav Bikes and Rules Next: Re: [FTFB] Fleet Book Kra'Vak