Prev: RE: 25mm Grav Bikes and Rules Next: RE: 25mm Grav Bikes and Rules

RE: 25mm Grav Bikes and Rules

From: Adrian Johnson <ajohnson@i...>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 12:25:35 -0500
Subject: RE: 25mm Grav Bikes and Rules

>> As for the size 1 vehicle getting a free SAW comment I agree and
always
>> intended the mounted infantry to have unarmed vehicles.
>
>i have heard dune buggies quoted as other size 1 vehicles; surely bikes
>are a lot smaller than buggies and so should be 'size 0.5' or
something.
>if they dod not qualify as proper vehicles, then the free saw problem
goes
>away - the bike is a bit of the soldier's kit, not a vehicle.
>
>you could then have bigger, size 1 vehicle, gun bikes (trikes?) which
>mount a weapon, perhaps fired by another rider sitting behind the
>driver/pilot.

My $0.02...

Trikes are a bad thing for cross country work - ATV trikes were banned
in
North America, and replaced by the little 4 wheel versions.  Not to beat
dead horse, but I really think the only mounted weapons on bikes should
be
if the bike has a side-car (ah la WWII German army).  Dune buggies are a
whole different ballgame - the Chenworth Fast Attack Vehicle used by the
US
is a neat little machine - with three crew (all inside the roll cage)
and a
raised rear gunners' seat.  They get armed with all kinds of stuff,
commonly a .50 cal MG and a couple of .30 cal MG's, though they can be
armed with missile launchers, automatic grenade launchers, etc.  It
would
be great to see something like this in Stargrunt - crew of two or three,
with a heavy machinegun or light autocannon and one or two SAWs.
Not really much different from one of the existing jeeps, but cool
visually...

Anybody got suggestions for a model to use?

Adrian

Prev: RE: 25mm Grav Bikes and Rules Next: RE: 25mm Grav Bikes and Rules