Prev: Re: Assault Breaker system [SG2] [DS2] Next: Re: [DS] Tank designs was Re: [ds] Ogres

I Bow to the Knowledgable

From: "Colfox" <monty88@f...>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 00:25:39 -0600
Subject: I Bow to the Knowledgable

and John said the same:

> >Wrong, and yes.  5 inch rockets were fairly standard as armament of
> >USAAF P-47s and other fighter bombers, and more than a few RAF
> >fighter-bombers.  They were used in great quantity, and racked up a
LOT
> >of tank kills.

Therefore I bow to those who know more military history trivia than I.
stand corrected.  Being a ground-pounder, I tend not to think of the
zoomies.

However, the above replies reinforced the whole point of my original
post
(arguing about non-relevant minor points, and totally losing the GZG
thread).

Thankfully, Tom noticed:

> Aieeeeeee!  So what?	Who cares?  If you are going to be discussing
> WWII, take it off the list!  The Gulf War nonsense was bad enough, but

> come on now!	The relevence of this thread to Dirtside is becoming
more
> and more tenuous.  Trust me, the relationship of a Maus to an Ogre is
> distant one at best.	If you can reference a WWII tank that carried
> several meters of BPC, and fired nukes, then maybe we can call this
> on-topic.  Until then, give it a rest.

Thank you, Tom.

Any replies or rebuttals, please make them off-list.  I will be happy to
reply.

Yours truly,

--Col(forest-for-the-trees)fox

Prev: Re: Assault Breaker system [SG2] [DS2] Next: Re: [DS] Tank designs was Re: [ds] Ogres